Gas Line Size for Range

Old 01-16-06, 08:40 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Line Size for Range

I am looking for some guidance in installing a gas line for a 30" Wolf range in a new addition. Should this gas line be sized at 3/4"? The line to this range will be about 18 feet from the existing line. I was considering 5/8" copper tubing for this installation, but have seen some instructions regarding having 3/4" up to the appliance shut off valve? Thanks, Jay

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-06, 07:21 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Jay and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Assumption here has to be made natural gas is used. Which is in my area of expertise. Not so for propane. Which can be used with copper but not natural gas, in most areas. Check with local codes.

3/4 inch pipe is undersized for that appliance and the distance. Use 1 inch up to the appliance. Than you can reduce to 3/4 inch for the last pipe nipple outlet. Install a 7/8th nat gas range/cooking stove flex with the shut off sized for both pipe and flex connector.

Best bet is to purchase the needed supplies at a local non big box store. A privately owned harware is the best place usually and in my opinion.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Site Links: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."