Wiring A Clock Timer for GE gas range XL44?

Old 01-18-06, 12:24 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wiring A Clock Timer for GE gas range XL44?

Does anyone have a GE gas standalone stove with an electric oven or work with this appliance? It's the SPECTRA line GE PROFILE XL44 it's the self cleaning range with digital operation for baking etc. I unplugged the coloured wires on the clock timer under the back plate because it was beeping F7 error incessantly and now I've misplaced my wiring diagram to plug it back in-don't which colour wire goes where and there is no indication in my manual.
HELP PLEASE OR IF YOU HAVE A PHOTO PLEASE POST IT HERE.

*Forum Monitors Note:
Email contact not allowed.
Last sentence only above has been edited.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 01-18-06 at 07:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-06, 07:52 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Natty1 and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

Below are the codes for General Electrics ovens. If you corrected the problem for the code that was indicated on the LED, (see lest below) you should be able to obtain the wiring diagram from the local appliance parts dealer who is in your area.

If the problem still exists, the code will reappear once the clock is wired back into the system. If you need to fix or determine the cause of the problem, the local appliance parts store should be able to help.

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

General Electric-Hotpoint-RCA: Oven Fault Codes:

F0 & F1 Failed Thermistor Control Replace ERC
F2 Oven Temp Exceeds 590 with unlocked door High resistance in Sensor, likely a bad sensor
F3 Open Sensor circuit Open (blown) sensor fuse or bad Sensor
F4 Shorted wire or Sensor locate short and correct it
F7-A Function pad button stuck Clean and unstick
F7-B Bad Clock Replace Clock
F8 Electrical component failure Replace ERC
F9 Program with door circuit Check wiring

This web site does not allow personal contacts. All information exchanged must be done within the forum topics. Doing so allows everyone reading the question and the forum to learn more. Pictures can be posted within this forum topic if anyone happens to have it. I do not. The advertisers may. Check the links provided in the related ads to the right and the google ads below.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, repair and or owners manuals which may be available online.

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites:http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Web Sites Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."