need help pilot to hot...

Old 01-18-06, 05:05 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
need help pilot to hot...

can anybody help me to turn down the pilot on our oven we have a GE AMERICANA purhased last year the flame is about 2 inches or more its always hot inside the oven so hot cant store pans etc. it is lp gas tanx anybody...

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-06, 05:36 PM
H
If you pull off your oven dial there should be an adjustment for you oven pilot. There will be three positions: OFF, NAT & LP. Make sure it's set to LP.

Old 01-18-06, 05:55 PM
B
Unhappy need help pilot to hot...

I looked and it does not have any wording. The only thing that is there is set screws ... I have turned both and does nothing thanks for yur reply

Old 01-19-06, 04:17 AM
H
Sometimes the adjustment is hidden behind the metal of the front plate. Take a flashlight and see if it's behind it.

Old 01-19-06, 06:13 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: bucko64

"My Two Cents."

Now that you turned those two unmarked screws, I certainly hope you returned those two screws back into there original positions. Yes or No? Kindly advise. May be able to help you get them back into the original positions.

Reason why they must be returned to the original position is because if they are not marked "Nat" or "LP" one of them may be the actuation pilot flame and the other may be the lower burner flame used to maintain temp when oven reaches the set temp.

Turning screws that are not marked on the front of any thermostat will effect the entire operation of the oven. If turning either of those set screws did nothing to effect the pilot flame, the adjustment may not even be on the thermostat. May be on the gas control valve.

You mentioned the purchase of the appliance last year. New to you or brand new right from the store where you purchased it??? Huge difference. Brand new ovens no longer have such constant burning pilots but much older models did. How old is the oven??? Several important details are missed.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Web Sites Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 01-19-06, 07:55 PM
B
turns out it was buildup on pilot

thanx for your help guys