Kenmore Gas Stove has ticking igniter

Old 01-24-06, 07:24 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Gas Stove has ticking igniter

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help me out. We have a Kenore gas stove with a fixed top -- about two weeks ago, while I was cooking, the sparkers just turned on, and wouldn't turn off. They've been doing it ever since: tick tick tick... very annoying. The parts store said a new igniter would cost $75, so I'm wondering if I just turn the igniter off and use a match to light the flames instead of having to listen to the ticking noise. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Rob

Old 01-24-06, 05:41 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Rob. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

For the time being, unplug the appliance to stop the clicking. Most likely a sparker or the spark module is defective. May have a fuse under the cover of the module. Remove fuse to stop the clicking and plug appliance back into wall outlet so the other electrcial items, if any, can work.

Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information, Fault Codes & Mfg's Web Site Links http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

More is covered about moisture on the switches, testing and part replacements etc. in the link provided. Reading the part that pertains will provide more details.

***Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs. Always check for gas leaks whenever the appliance is moved and/or a repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Kindly use the reply button to add any additional information and or questions. Any additional information you add will than remain within this posting. Using this method also moves or keeps your question at the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 12-06-08, 03:31 PM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
40" Wedgewood oven, broiler won't light

Hello,
I have a 40" Wedgewood oven, that was here when I moved in
recently. There's a picture of it on this page, fourth row down, the one on the left. I was able to use the broiler once, that it wouldn't light again. Today the oven won't light. It does have a pilot light, which was out. I lit it, but the oven still won't heat up--nothing happens. (Note: When it lit in the past, there would be an intial noise--almost a ticking--then the whoosh of the gas lighting.) How might I fix it?

Thanks for your help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: