Antigue Wedgwood Gas Stove

Old 01-26-06, 10:45 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool Antigue Wedgwood Gas Stove

I have an antique Wedgewood Gas Stove, Model 5-8584-DX-C, F948, with an International Automatic Oven Timer. I have tried many combinations working with the timer to turn the oven on. Nothing seems to work. The timer has a button knob on the right of the clock for M, A, and other codes I don't understand. I have tried putting the button knob on M, but it trips back and will not stay there. Does anyone know the procedure to turn the oven on manually?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-06, 05:07 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Mandyleeee and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances topic.

I have encountered the described condition many times. With customers consent, the clock was disconnected from the electrical power and/or the clock only was disconnected. Doing that put the entire stove into manual.

Therefore, try this. Disconnect the appliance from the power. Oven should than work only in the manual position. If there is any other feature on that model that requires electrical power, which I highly doubt, disconnect only the clock.

***Cautionary Reminder Note:***
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Once the electrical is cord is removed from the wall, remove from glass panel, disconnect clock assembly and use electrical tape to cover the wire terminal ends. Be sure the coating/covering on the wires does not or is not cracked, break or become broken doing this. Cover exposed areas with electrical tape. Be sure wires cannot and never will come into contact with metal.

Most of these models with the clock feature also have a, electrical solenoid under the top lid of the top burners. Lifting up the top lid will expose that solenoid. A fuse is usually located there. Removing the fuse will also disconnect all electrical power to the stove. If not fuse is found, the above than applies.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Web Sites Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 01-29-06, 09:14 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
thanks

Sharp, Thanks for the rewire idea. Should have thought of that one. Will try that when I go down to CA.
Is there a way to print all of the page? about 1" on the right is missing.
Thanks again, Mandy

Old 01-30-06, 07:05 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hi: Mandy

To print pages, go to file above. Select print preview. Notice the number of pages. Select those you want in the print menu and print only those. Or the simplest way is to print them all and toss those you do not want.

Next step is to select page setup, again under file. Reduce the left margin to .5 and likewise to the right side. Set both to .5 or there abouts, based on your printer and computers settings. Trial and error method.

Once you get what you want in settings, select print. Than select from that printers menu again what you want and/or is needed. Then print....