recommended size of gas line for range?

Old 02-01-06, 11:15 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
recommended size of gas line for range?

Hi, I am runing a gas line for a gas range in my basement (4 burners on stove, plus oven, standard type of range). I was wondering, when I branch off of my main gas line, what size pipe should I use. I have some 1/2" pipe around, but I am thinking that might be too small to supply enough gas? What is the standard internal diameter of a gas line to a range?

I read the stickies, and one of them mentioned 3/4, 7/8, and a 1" fitting to connect the flex pipes. I was not sure if these were all internal diameters.

Anyway, thanks for any help and opinions!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-06, 12:11 PM
S
Depends on the length of the run and the BTU of the stove. Here is a link to gas pipe size chart:

http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~fc26/asst1/...g_and_asso.htm

Old 02-01-06, 12:35 PM
S
Thanks! The run is about 30 ft, and the BTU is about 60K max. According to your very useful link, I can use the spare 1/2" pipes I already have, with room to spare!

Old 02-04-06, 07:43 AM
G
Here is something to think about
I was in the LP gas repair/installation business for 13 years and just wanted to let you know that if you use copper and if you use flared fittings be sure after you make the flare to blow out the line before you hook it up to your stove. those little copper flakes can get in your stoves regulator and might cause you some problems.