Caloric Ultramatic stove

Old 02-04-06, 02:44 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Caloric Ultramatic stove

I own a Caloric Ultramatic stove. I believe the stove was made in the 1960's. Before I go out and buy a new stove, I'd like to know if the range burners on the Ultramatic could be upgraded to attain a higher BTU capacity? I'd like to have at least one burner with a 12,000 BTU rating.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-06, 06:45 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello brownstone. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Highly doubtful any one burner can be replaced with a larger burner to increase burner BTU capacity. Each burner is designed to fit into it's respective location and most do not allow an interchange even between each other on the same stove. I.E. the right burner is very likely to only fit on the right side and no where else on the stove.

Most Non residential stoves and/or countertop units now-a-days do not even come with burners rated at 12,000 BTU'S. Most are 4,000 to 8,000 maximum. Some models may have only one 12,000 BTU burner.

To obtain more than one 12,000 BTU burner, you would need to purchase a non commerical style range designed for home usage. Price and space than become a bigger factor. Shop around and see what is available.