Kenmore Gas Dryer Won't Heat

Old 02-06-06, 10:58 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Gas Dryer Won't Heat - (Solenoid help)

I've read the threads and believe my next step is to replace the Solenoids. I called the Sears part store and they said they couldn't find a part called "Solenoids". Are these called something else?

I have a Kenmore 110-76812690 dryer, using propane.

Last edited by Cindyke; 02-06-06 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-06-06, 06:48 PM
C
Update

We've replaced the following parts, and it's still not heating up.

Ignitor
Coil Valves (Solenoids)
Flame Sensor

Any suggestions???

Old 02-26-06, 09:32 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Cindyke. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

The parts I referred to as solenoids are infact often termed coil valves. If replacing them and the other parts you installed did not resolve the probem, may have to test for electrical current at the hot surface ignitor. (glow coil or glow ignitor)

If there is no current the problem may likely be the timer or touch pad electical circuitry. If there is current at the HSI the ignitor will cycle on for a short time and than shut off. Indicating another problem exists. Which may be a result of a defective gas control valve, etc.

Since you already replaced the flame sensor, ignitor and coil valves, there may be a thermal fuse. Possible but not likely the thermostat could be defective. Possible but not likely. Rarely a problem with that part.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, downloadable repair and or owners manuals which may be available online.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Read the existing questions on the subject of dryers. Doing so will quickly provide you with answers to questions & provide additional information on how to resolve the problem.

Gas Dryer Help Link: here:

Regards & Good Luck. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always adviseable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance, connection, servicing and or repairs.

Old 12-26-06, 06:04 PM
U
Were you able to repair the dryer? I have the same model with the same problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: