vent fan problem

Old 02-13-06, 07:32 AM
burntb4
Visiting Guest
vent fan problem

I have a Gas Kitchen-Aid cooktop with a two speed exhaust fan. The fan started acting up IE-not turning off when the dial was turned off. Lo-Hi stopped working and it only came on in HI mode. I replaced the switch but still have the problem. It's now unplugged thus my ignitors don't function and I'mm getting a lot of grief about having to use the BBQ lighter. Any suggestions??

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-06, 08:01 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello burntb4 and Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

Some suggestions.

Most likely the motor itself is defective. Reason it only runs on one speed or did run on one speed. Even after replacing the switch. Unless there is an internal baffle plate that is not opening, opening fully or not closing.

If there is some type of draft diverter, that may be all or part of the problem. Usually they have a tiny micro switch that must be activated to allow another componet to operate. Check around for such.

Try contacting the manufacturer. Kitchenaid Appliance Home Page:
http://www.kitchenaid.com

Ask at the local appliance parts stores what is the most common cause and what part(s) would a service tech replace on a service call. Not had one in many years myself.

Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information, Fault Codes & Mfg's Web Site Links http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

***Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs. Always check for gas leaks whenever the appliance is moved and/or a repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Kindly use the reply button to add any additional information and or questions. Any additional information you add will than remain within this posting. Using this method also moves or keeps your question at the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."