wall Oven Problems

Old 04-04-06, 05:57 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
wall Oven Problems

Hope you all have some suggestions.... a couple of weeks ago I started having problems with my Oven ( Although very old it has worked amazingly ...until now)The problem is I would have it on and when I would open the door to check food I would get a POOF. I called the oven guy apparently the burner was clogged( this stove vents out through a pipe in the roof) He found that the cover to the pipe had blown off and water was coming down into it and settling in the burner. He cleaned it all out, used an air compressor to blow any rust that had formed from water getting in. Well stove was back up and running for 2 weeks and then I started having the same problem again I smell like a carbon type of smell from it and yesterday I took the air compressor to it again because it seemed as some of the holes in the burner were clogged (no flame coming out of the front only sides) so it fixed flames is good all the way around it but I still smell the carbon ... any ideas sorry for the long post
Thanks
Noemi

Old 04-04-06, 06:28 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Noemi. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

Symptoms you describe indicate a lack of oxygen into the burner compartment. Flames would than appear to float and drift around instead of remaining on the burner. This condition will likely happen soon after the doors are closed. Can be seen by looking through the glass window at the burner flames. May also display yellow flames or yellow tipped flames.

If the above condition is evident, there is blocked intake vents and/or something inside the ovens baking compartment which is restricting air flow. Like aluminum foil or an over sized drip pan or something you placed inside the baking compartment which does not belong inside there.

Check the venting outlet and be sure it too is not restrict and/or blocked inside the oven. The external vent may be blocked and or restricted also or the vent cap on the exterior may be restricting the venting system, etc.

Cautionary Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Site Links: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: