Whirlpool gas dryer(LGR7646EQ2) not heating

Old 04-10-06, 04:12 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool gas dryer(LGR7646EQ2) not heating

Hello...I replaced the thermal fuse less than a year ago and the flame sensor today. Before I replaced the flame sensor the dryer would heat off and on for a short time. Now it will not heat at all. The flame is staying on but is yellow/red. Any ideas? Thanks

Old 04-10-06, 08:59 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello hoffacard and Welcome into my Gas Appliances topic.

Correct me if I am wrong. Seems to be a contradiction. Burner flame stays on? But no heat?

Now it will not heat at all. The flame is staying on but is yellow/red.
Yellow should not be present in the flame. Clean the lint in the area of the burner and around the sir shutter on the burner tube near the gas control valve. Should clear up the yellow burner flames. Slightly yellow tip on the burner flame is okay.

Kindly clarify the contradiction for me.
Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, down loadable repair and or owners manuals which may be available online.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Read the existing questions on the subject of dryers. Doing so will quickly provide you with answers to questions & provide additional information on how to resolve the problem.

Gas Dryer Help Link: here:

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always advisable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance, connection, servicing and or repairs.

Old 04-13-06, 02:07 PM
H
Actually when I look through the peek hole I see a yellow/orange glow, but not an actual flame if that makes sense. I wiped around the burner and cleaned out the venting. The dryer still isn't getting hot.

Old 04-13-06, 08:19 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: hoffacard

The orange/yellow glow is the glow igniter and not the burner flames. Chances are the igniter is too weak glowing to ignite gas so the control valve does not open. Replacement is suggested, as a first attempt to fix the problem.

Or the solenoids, second attempt, which are on top of the gas control, are defective. Replacement is easy, once the gas valve is out of the machine.

Old 04-15-06, 01:47 AM
H
Thank You!

Old 05-14-06, 09:27 AM
O
hoffacard, I was wondering how you made out. I had the same problem with my Kenmore(Whirpool) dryer and I replaced the two selonoids on the gas valve and that fixed it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: