Oven Button Problem (Merged Posts)

Old 04-21-06, 09:38 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Oven Button Problem (Merged Posts)

I own a gas range and the off button on my key pad does not turn off. In other words, I can activate my oven but when I push off nothing happens. This has happened before and I have gotten a replacement but now the same problem is happening again. Any ideas as to why. I hardly use the oven let alone abuse it!

Old 04-21-06, 09:41 AM
D
help with kitchen aid gas range!!!!!!

I own a kitchen aid gas range and the off button on my key pad does not turn off. In other words, I can activate my oven but when I push off nothing happens. This has happened before and I have gotten a replacement but now the same problem is happening again. Any ideas as to why. I hardly use the oven let alone abuse it!

Old 04-21-06, 09:16 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Arrow Details & Specific Info Needed

Hello drivent1. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

Without more details and the specific information pertaining to the brand, model and other specific details, would be rather difficult to diagnose the problem. May be the same problem as prior. A defective key pad.....???? most likely.

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers on line web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, repair and or owners manuals which may be available on line.

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this topic in one thread.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Web Sites Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 04-22-06, 07:27 PM
D
really sorry

I didn't mean not to post details but at the same time I really appreciate your help win this matter. This problem has been reocurring maybe 3-4 times and each time it happens Kitchen Aid sends me a replacement. The Model is Kgsa906pss00 architect series. I don't know what else to do I don't misuse my buttons. Anyway, they are getting fet up with me always calling with this same complaint. Quite frankly so I am I I need an oven that works. The thing is is that no one is looking into why this keeps happening. I really like this range for other reasons. Thanks for your help.

Old 04-23-06, 03:31 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: drivent1

You mentioned the manufacturer sends you a new one. *New what? *Touch pad or *entire appliance? Kindly clarify.

No feed back from the field service techs on this problem. However, not likely a button on the touch pad problem. Cannot verify without a continuity test or board test.

Most likely the button is working but the main board or relay circuit isn't working. Not responding to the signal command. More likely to happen when oven is not up to initial temp on the first cycle, not after oven has heated fully. Better known as short cycling.

*Does the oven not turn off after baking? *Or not turn off when first turned on? In other words, oven turned on and minutes later, before reaching initial set temp, not want to shut off?

*Questions above that need specific information to possibly help diagnose the condition. Likely manufacturer aware of the problem but will not admit to it until a remedy is determined.

Ask at a local appliance parts store if they have had service requests for a condition like this and if so, what do the techs do to resolve it.

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Web Sites Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 04-24-06, 01:24 PM
D
thank you for responding

They actually have replaced my whole range a few times already. I don't know why they just don't replace the keypad. When you push the off button it does not beep like the others. If I want to use my oven I can set it to bake but at any time whether the stove is warm or not the off button will absoloutely do n0thing. I would have to go to by basement to turn off the breakers. Thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: