Whirlpool gas dryer not heating

Old 04-27-06, 03:37 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool gas dryer not heating

I have a Whirpool gas dryer that will heat up initially and from then on it will not fire up. The glow plug will cycle on and off but the gas will not come on again. I have replaced the thermastats but still nothing. Whirlpool doesn't help, I have asked for a wiring diagram and they don't offer any. there was none provided with the dryer.Venting is not an issue because I have it disconnected while I am working on it. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old 04-27-06, 04:33 PM
R
Sitting on top of the gas valve should be two selenoids, one on top of the other. Probably one or both of the selenoids are bad.

Old 04-28-06, 03:46 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Arrow Solenoids & Fan Blower Lint

Hello bmcguane and Welcome into my Gas Appliances topic.

I agree. Replace both solenoids as the first attempt to resolve the current condition. Most likely will fix the problem. Other conditions may apply but solenoids most likely cause.

Read the stick note pertaining to dyers. Has all the info needed.
here

Be sure to clean out all lint inside the blower compartment and fan cage. The venting system may be lint free but the inside cabinet of the dryer may not be.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Read the existing questions on the subject of dryers. Doing so will more quickly provide you with answers to questions & provide additional information on how to resolve the problem.

CAUTIONARY REMINDERS:
Be sure to test for gas leaks at the isolation valve after re-installation. The nut is counter threaded. Clockwise rotation to remove it. Counter clock wise the tighten it.

Sharp Advice. Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 05-01-06, 06:17 PM
B
Thank you

That fixed it...thank you very much!

Old 05-13-06, 02:42 AM
O
I also had the same problem on my Kenmore(made by Whirpool) dryer, and after reading in this forum I also changed these two selonoids, and presto!, all back to normal.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: