Gas Cooking Range Installation

Old 05-30-06, 08:05 AM
gravitation
Visiting Guest
Smile Gas Cooking Range Installation

I currently have electric cooking range and need to replace it with a gas one. I already have a gas line laid for installation of cooking range so no new plumbing is needed.

So is the installation a DIY job? Does it need to be inspected by a gas company after installation? I just want to do it by the book.

Thanks,
Gravity

Old 05-30-06, 09:07 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Gravity and Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

Installation can be easy for those whom have mechanical abilities and common hand tools. Connection parts available at almost any privately owned local hardware store. I suggest avoiding big box hardware stores, but that is only my own preference. Yours might differ.

Basically, connecting a new stove can be a simple DoItYourself project. All that's needed is a few simple steps, some prior knowledge in the usage of common hand tools and a bit of caution.

Take into consideration to do the task yourself you'll need two or three hand tools. Adjustable wrench, water pump pliers and a pipe wrench or two.

Also consider your going to have to remove and install all new piping fittings. These fittings would be the shut off valve on the gas supply pipe extending out of the wall or up through the floor, a new flex gas line and the adapter on the inlet pipe of the stove.

A range connecting kit usually contains all or most all the fittings. Fact is more then is really needed depending upon applications which do vary. The only additional part needed will be a shut off valve.

The reason I suggest changing to all new gas connection parts is because most likely the existing ones will not interchange with the new connections.

Soap test all connections for leaks upon job completion.

The local gas company may also connect ranges for a small connect fee should you care to explore that option.

Additional Help & Information can be found here:
Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information, Fault Codes & Mfg's Web Site Links http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Web Site Host, Forums Monitor, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 06-01-06, 04:10 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Since you didn't specify the gas (natural or propane) just one more thing to point out. If it's propane gas you're using, the range will likely have to be converted for propane use. Again, not something that's difficult to do. Just something that has to be done.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: