Installation of New Gas Stove

Old 06-12-06, 03:20 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installation of New Gas Stove

I am a doityourselfer, so I elected to install my new gas stove myself. I have the luxury of taking my time because I still have the old one installed. I imagine it is straightforward, and I wouldn't be so careful about it if it didn't deal with gas. I no there are shut offs at the wall, in the basement where it comes in. If I turn them off, and fasten the flex pipe firmly, and check for leaks, I should be good. Please, can someone pass along their thought/comments/warnings and anything else to me before I embark on this task? It seems like I receive half hearted replies when asking the folks at the stores that sell the appliances.

I do appreciate it!

Old 06-12-06, 03:41 PM
If there is a shut-off valve behind the stove, You should have no problem. Hook up your flex line, check for leaks and enjoy the new stove.

Old 06-13-06, 03:21 AM
H
A few comments:

Do not use regular Teflon tape for the connections. Gas can eat through it. I recommend a pipe dope suitable for gas.

If you use natural gas, you should be able to hook up the stove and start cooking. If you use propane gas, you will need to convert the stove for propane use. This requires either changing or adjusting the individual burner orifices (cooktop and oven) and adjusting the appliance regulator.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: