Need to raise range to meet countertop

Old 06-26-06, 02:17 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need to raise range to meet countertop

I have a new gas range, which is nominally 36" high. The countertop is 37 1/4" high for some reason.

The supplied feet can maybe lift the range by 1/2", not enough, and there is some danger of making them too weak to then move it.

The previous range (installed by the previous owner of my house) apparently had a pair of roller/shim devices under each pair of feet. Unfortunately, the Sears installers took them with the old range -- I didn't realize what they were for until I got a good look at the range and noticed that it wasn't flush with the countertop. The installation was free, and I guess I got what I paid for.

Does anyone know where I could get another set of these rollers? They're metal, about 1" high, 2 " wide and the depth of the range, with rollers on the bottom.

Failing that, can I use feet with longer lengths to raise the stove? I see some online tat are "about" 3" long. WIll that be stable? Will it move in and out without buckling?
Old 06-26-06, 02:50 PM
majakdragon's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 7,475
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
kcmurphy88, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
I have not seen the rollers you referred to made of metal. I had basically the same thing but made of plastic. They were called Appliance movers. I kept them under my Frig for ease of moving it out on my tile. Just a series of rollers mounted in a track and about the size you stated. Good luck.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: