Pilot Light adjustment

Old 07-31-06, 04:38 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pilot Light adjustment

The pilot light is heating my range top enough to cause a burn if I touch the range surface. Can anyone help me find the place to adjust the flame. My landlord's range is a GE XL44 model - JGBS04-PPW1WR, Serial # TR122518P

Thank you

Old 07-31-06, 03:34 PM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you lift up the top of the range you should see the tubing for the two pilots. You need to follow that tubing back to what's called a needle valve. You need a small regular screw driver to adjust the needle valve.

There may be an access hole to adjust the valve or you will need to take off the front of the range and get behind where the burner valves are. The needle valve is likely behind that panel. To take off the panel there is three screws on the bottom of that panel (above the oven door) and four more screws behind the inner burner valves. After you remove the knobs and screws that panel will come right off.

Do not adjust the pilot too low. Too low of a pilot will delay or prevent the burners from lighting properly. It is not uncommon for the metal on the stove top to get warm/hot from the pilot.

Old 08-04-06, 05:47 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I know on some models the pilot adjust is accessed thru a small hole . To find this open oven door and it will be located under the lip that is exposed when the door is opened. You kinda have to squat down and look under that lip to find it , if this is one of those models

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: