Maytag Gas Stove

Old 09-01-06, 12:43 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Maytag Gas Stove

Hi all,

I have been reading this forum for the last 2 or 3 hours and have learned SO much. What a great forum. Here is my question, how does one go about dating their appliance?? I have a Maytag Super capacity plus Model MGR5750ADA ....also, what is the difference between the Super Capacity and the Super Capacity PLUS model?? Thanks in advance.

Homealllalone

Old 09-01-06, 08:04 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello HomeAlllAlone. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

The dryer sticky note has the phone number to Maytag. Call and ask. Ask at the local appliance parts store. Check the Maytag site for a search by model number. May display the year but I am not sure. Haven't been to the site in years.

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always advisable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance and or repairs.

Sharp Advice. Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 09-02-06, 07:17 AM
H
Thanks "Sharp Advice"

I got the number from the Range/Stove/Oven/Broiler Info, Leak Detection, Fault Codes, Fuel Conversion & Links Sticky. Its Saturday so they are closed. I tried, unsuccessfully to get a manual from Maytags website, says there isnt one for my particular model number. Just thought I would ask here, see if anyone had any ideas. I will try to call Tuesday. If anyone can direct me to a manual tho, that would be sweet. I googled it till my eyes hurt lol....Thanks in advance.

HomeAlllAlone

Old 09-03-06, 05:52 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Arrow Serial Number Please

Hello: HomeAlllAlone

I may have located a web site (link below) that might have a manual for that model. You will need to copy and re paste the address link into the broswers address bar.

Repair Manuals:
http://www.Appliance-Repair.org

Not really sure but that appliance may be a 1975 model year. Kindly post the serial number in your next reply. Serial number more likely to have year model and that the model number.

Thanks

Old 09-03-06, 08:01 AM
H
Maytag Gas Stove

Hello: Sharp Advice

Thank you for that link, as I stated previously I had scoured the net for a few hours, and I was already on that site, commonly known as "Uncle Harry's Appliance Repair Shop" . I think that this fellows manuals are more appliance orientated and not Model specific? Plus they need to be ordered. It's a great site, read alot on it yesterday. Oh yes, before I forget, here is the Serial # 12770335SY. It is a Maytag, and it is electronic, and it also has the twist off burner heads, with the ignitors built in (removable with 2 screws) so I am thinking it is a tad newer than 1975 lol :O) I certainly would love to include a picture for you somehow.

Thanks again for the reply, was real nice of you to take the time and help me

HomeAlllAlone

Old 09-03-06, 09:37 AM
H
Maytag Gas Stove

well folks, I finally found a link to Date appliances >> http://www.applianceaid.com/appliance_age.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: