Maytag Gas Range - Might Need HSI, But...

Old 09-12-06, 12:08 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Maytag Gas Range - Might Need HSI, But...

Okay guys, I give up...

I have a Maytag CRG9700AAL gas range, and the oven won't come on. The top burners all light, and the broiler lights. So, I'm reasonably sure it's the HSI.

BUT... after looking at an exploded parts list, it looks like I only have one HSI, which makes me wonder "How is my broiler lighting, if it's (presumably) being lit by the same HSI?"

And for my next puzzle: how to I get to the HSI to replace it? The manual explicitly says that the top doesn't come off, but the parts list seems to show the HSI in the same region as the burner parts.

I'd appreciate whatever help or insight anyone could give me.

Old 09-12-06, 04:11 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Kevin_28

If there is only one HSI, there is only one burner. Which would be located between the oven, (upper section) and the broiler. (lower section)

Remove the panel just above the burner, which is at the bottom in the baking compartment. Beneath that panel is the flame spreader which is secured by one or two wing screw nuts.

The HSI will be easily access now. Remove the two screws that secure the HSI to the burner, pull out the wires until you get to the quick disconnect at the end of the wires.

All the rest of the instructions and variations for HSI removal and replacement are in the sticky note within this topic. Ready that will cover this aspect of repair and lots more.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: