Installing new gas Frigidaire Stove

Old 09-13-06, 01:08 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Installing new gas Frigidaire Stove

Hello,

I have a new Frigidaire, MODEL #PLGFMZ96EC, that was replacing my old gas stove. I hooked it up and am having some problems. The burners work, but don't always ignite properly (takes a while to ignite, but they all will work if you wait long enough). Also, it takes too long to boil water, and sometimes the flame will only light on 1/2 of the burner. It almost seems like the gas flow is too slow.

The broiler works, but I can't get the oven to light at all. I set the temp, but nothing happens.

Although it is a new stove, I purchased it from a person that just never used it. I'm starting to wonder if maybe it was converted to propane or something and I didn't know it.

Any ideas on what steps I should take to get this fixed? Thanks.

Old 09-14-06, 05:25 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello infinity1313. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Based upon the problem description only, I would say the gas flow from the natural gas source is restricted. But cannot determine that with the limited information supplied.

Gas supply from supply pipe may be the cause or may not be.

Problem may be appliance is set up for propane but the supply is natural gas. In such cases, appliances set up for wrong fuel types, the fuel mixture is incorrect. Which would create ignition and burner-burning problems like or similar to those described.

If the person from whom the stove was purchased from is still able to be contacted, contact them. Inquire which fuel type they used while stove was installed at their place. The answer to the problem may simply be the fuel used is different from that which you use.

Additional Help Here:
Read the Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Informational Sticky Note, in this forums topic, for more detailed information.
(Or copy and re paste link address below into browser)
Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information, Fault Codes & Mfg's Web Site Links http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: