Squeaky dryer

Old 09-22-06, 01:54 PM
ChrisM
Visiting Guest
Squeaky dryer

I have a Hotpoint gas dryer model no. DLL265oBHLAD. It's sqeaking every 3-4 seconds. My experience as a retired auto mechanic tells me it might be a belt or bearing. If anyone has more specific information about any aspect of this, I would appreciate it.

Old 09-22-06, 08:56 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello ChrisM. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Dryer noises such as described are usually worn sider pads. Sometimes referred to as glider pads, etc. Does not matter what terms are used.

Case in point is the drums top inner section glides or slides on them. They wear out and cause such noises. The sticky note on dryers has all the details needed to replace them.

Read Gas Dryer Sticky Note In The Forum Topic For Additional Advice:
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?threadid=159481

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Read the existing questions on the subject of dryers. Doing so will more quickly provide you with answers to questions & provide additional information on how to resolve dryer problems.

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, to add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always advisable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance, replacement and or repairs.

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: