kitchenaid stove top will not light

Old 09-26-06, 01:37 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy kitchenaid stove top will not light

I have a kitchen aid cooktop but all of a sudden the burners will not click when I try to light it.The electric is fine and is working well. the stove all burners stop clicking and will work fine only with a match.

I was told that it might be the spark module but I dont think that is the problem. I dont know if there is any type of restart button on the stove as I do not see one.

Does anyone know what could cause this to happen. Also i have not let any type of liquid get in the stove, it also have sealed burners. The model number is KGCT305EWH0 and it
is a 1998 model .

I will appreciate any advise. thanks

Old 09-26-06, 08:12 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Arrow Possible Solution & Suggestions

Hello gary5. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

I also suspect the spark module failed. (Died) When is very likely based upon the problem description. All sparker's fail to function. Classic problem description of a failed spark module.

Only possible solution is to replace the module. Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Additional Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers on line web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes, solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair procedures, pictorials, schematics, repair and or owners manuals which may be available on line.

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 09-26-06, 09:46 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks so much for the advice, however I did try to go to the website for kitchen aid to find out product infor and to determine what might be wrong but there does not seem to be a website(at least I could not find it) that would give me the type of infor I was looking for.

I checked out the spark module at and appliance store and that part is $99.00 plus tax and the gas company will charge me $125.00 plus tax to install the part.This is half of what the cooktop cost in the first place.I am wondering if it is worth it to pay that much for the repair.

Do you think that I could install this part myself, how difficult do you think it would be for me to install. I am not that skilled with switches and stuff like that.

If I dont get the gas company to do it,then do you think it would be ok to call the electric company and let the electrician do it since they know about this sort of thing,?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: