Installing igniters

Old 10-18-06, 08:51 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Installing igniters

I have a Whirlpool gas range (model SF370PEGQ) that's 7 years old. Both front igniters have have gone bad. I am going to the parts supplier today to pick up new ones. Does anyone have any tips on how to replace them? I haven't lifted the stove top yet to see what's underneath. Is there anything tricky about the installation?
Thanks

Jim

Old 10-20-06, 05:29 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Jim. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Nothing really too difficult once access is gained to the inside of the appliance. Small parts need small tools and not to much force applied. Due one at a time so as not to incorrectly reconnect any wires, etc.

Additional Help Here:
Read the Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Informational Sticky Note, in this forums topic, for more detailed information.

Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information, Fault Codes & Mfg's Web Site Links http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

***If and or when you attempt any repairs, "Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs. Always check for gas leaks whenever the appliance is moved and/or a repair includes any connection of a gas part."

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: