Dryer Fuel Conversion. Natural Gas To Propane

Old 10-19-06, 01:38 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I just bought this same dryer and just did the conversion. The whole front panel has to be taken off to adjust anything and they put a small whole on the dryer that you're supposed to use a mirror to look at but not adjust the flame.

My problem is no matter where I adjust the air shutter I cannot get rid of the blowing. When it is fully open the flame is very "loud" When I close it completely the flame is nice and "quiet" and blue with intermittent noisy yellow bursts anywhere from every 3 seconds to every 8 seconds . My propane at the dryer is at 10 inches and I am stumped. The propane conversion on my oven was so much easier.

Thanks for looking
Steve

Old 10-20-06, 05:58 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Steve. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

I split (separated) your question from the thread it was originally posted into. Separate problem unlike the one it was posted to.

The problem may be due to the gas regulator. Which is an integral part of the burner. Based upon the problem description, the vent cap or vent hole in that section of the burner may be restricted or plugged up.

Which allows/causes the condition described. Look for the round shinny cap which covers the vent hole. Air (atmospheric pressure) must be able to freely flow in and out of the vent hole. A failure to do so can cause the condition described.

Another possible cause is the BTU of the orifice is not matched exactly to the rating for that appliance. May be too large. Double check the orifices rating to the rating of the burner. Use the Mfg's rating plated as a guide.

Also recheck the gas pressure at the source. I am not proclaimed to be a propane tech, but 10 inches water column pressure may or may not be correct.

Member >>>Hankhill

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: