Gas Range Parts

Old 11-14-06, 12:13 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas Range Parts

Hello,
The painted markings on my gas range controls are wearing off and I like to replace them. The range is about 20 year old and works fine. When I found out an independant dealer wanted $36.00 just for the oven temperature knob, I got discouraged. Then I contacted General Electric and they were priced about the same. I guess I need to purchase universal control knobs. So who keeps a good supply of gas range parts at reasonable prices?

Old 11-15-06, 05:48 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello rjordan392. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

I have to agree. Replacement parts such as top burner and oven temp knobs can be rather pricey. One way a mfg can re-coop some profits unable to be made upon initial product sales in a highly competitive market.

If you can tolerate the possibility of slightly temp differences using a generic oven temp knob, department stores and some BIG box stores carry generic parts such as knobs.

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 11-15-06, 05:46 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Try here
http://www.appliance411.com/parts/generic-parts.shtml

Old 11-16-06, 03:24 AM
R
Sharp Advice & Mbk3,
I went to that site and found the exact part but it was priced at 42.60. I did not have the part number of my gasrange because the label was worn and they had 600 thermostat knobs for me to check. I got lucky after looking at 4 pages of knobs. The knob was the exact same. These knobs should not cost no more then $10.00. They have other knobs that are simular and are priced as low as $9.00. I tried a universal knob sold by Home Depot and it did not fit even with the adapters and the package said it fits GE ranges. These importers who purchase these parts are buying them for next to nothing. What *****s they are. So I'll wait until I got $36.00 to waste and go back to that dealer in my neighborhood. Needless to say; I am not buying GE products ever.

Old 11-16-06, 03:51 PM
R
mbk3,
I found a site that was better for the price on a gas oven temperature control. The site you gave and the site I found had a price differance of $17.61. I doublechecked both prices with the genuine GE part # of WB3X711 for the knob as supplied to me by GE over the phone. I ordered the part from www.partselect.com
Now I'll see what happens when I install it. Hope it fits. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: