whirlpool cooktop nat to lp conversion

Old 11-16-06, 05:51 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
whirlpool cooktop nat to lp conversion

Bought a whirlpool gas cooktop model GLT3034LB0, had to order conversion kit as this was a display. Conversion kit was just the spuds and of coarse no instructions. Need help with the following info.

Regulator, does it have to be converted as with most stoves?

Orafice spuds, only have color codes on 4 of the spuds,

1 magenta, 2 black or really dark blue and 1 green and 3 not marked at all.

The conversion kit that i ordered was whirpool part number 3192741.

what orafices go to what burners?
are the spuds screwed tight or adjusted for desired flame?

Thanks for any and all help,
the cheesecakeman

Last edited by cheesecakeman; 11-16-06 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-17-06, 07:02 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello cheesecakeman. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Yes. Appliance regulator will need to be converted from Nat gas to propane gas. Usually a simple thing to do. Flip lever. Look closely on regulator. Should be markings like or similar to these:

"L" or "LP"
"N" or "NAT"

I am not familiar with color codings on orifices. Nor with propane gas. Hank more likely to know color codings and might also post reply into your question here. Check back often.

Might also call a local appliance parts store and inquire about colored orifices. Each burner may not need a replacement converted orifice. Ovens and broilers usually not. Simple adjustment usually works.

Also check some appliance parts on line help sites. On first visit to this forum, note the "Related Ads" to the right side>>>. There will be several links to choose from. Search them for on line help, etc.

***If and or when you attempt any repairs, "Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs. Always check for gas leaks whenever the appliance is moved and/or a repair includes any connection of a gas part."

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 11-17-06, 05:15 PM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It's common that the conversion kit doesn't come with instructions as the instruction manual is a different "part". Furthermore, being you have some 7 orifices, you like only have 4 or 5 burners as the conversion kit is "universal".

Regardless.....

As I'm not terribly good at remembering the colors of the darned things, see if there are numbers stamped on the sides of the orifices (the ones with no color should be 89). If there are no numbers there may be other indications such as I, II, III or X. The later are usually GE markings but it may apply to yours.

If you can reply back with any other markings on the orifices it will be of help. Additionally, if you could provide the sides of the burners it would be of help. If you have doubt of the burner sizes, there should be a label on the bottom of the cook top with the various sizes. They will indicated in "BTU's".

Sorry I could not be of anymore immediate help. I usually don't pay attention to the colors as much as the physical orifice (hole) size.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: