KitchenAid 1993 gas cooktop sparker and model ID?

Old 12-01-06, 03:06 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
KitchenAid 1993 gas cooktop sparker and model ID?

I have a KitchenAid glass top gas cooktop purchased new in April 1993 in San Diego for $603. When the 2nd of 4 burners is on, the sparkers will not shut off. I need to order new sparkers and maybe a spark module, but I cannot find a model number ANYWHERE underneath; supposedly it's "On the cooktop's liner, beneath the burners" I don't see any "liner."

Photo of cooktop:

http://home.san.rr.com/emiller/C4718KitchenAidgasrange.jpg
http://home.san.rr.com/emiller/C4716KitchenAidsparker.jpg

Can anyone identify the model number from the photo and the date purchased, so I can order parts??

Old 12-03-06, 06:15 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello StainlessSteel and Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

Liner may refer to the metal enclosure beneath the top burners. Look under the stove top from inside the counter top. Stamped into the metal. Or remove burner trim rings under grates and look inside one of the corners. All else fails, bring receipt to local appliance parts store. Model number should be on sales receipt or in or on owners manual.

Old 09-28-07, 11:52 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
bottom cover was removed

Yes almost a year later an update:

Turns out my dad had removed the bottom cover to service it, and never put it back. I didn't realize a cover was supposed to be there. Anyway it's likely that model number was on the bottom cover. Note to mfrs: Put model numbers on nonremoveable parts!

Additionally, I got a fixitnow.com poster to identify the cooktop igniters by a photo, bypassing the need to know the cooktop model. I ordered these from repairclinic.com...they fixed the no-turning off sparking problem, and everyone lived happily ever after.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: