Hunt for LP Dryer, searched hi and low...

Old 02-04-07, 04:07 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Hunt for LP Dryer, searched hi and low...

Need help locating a LP (or convertible to LP) dryer. What I need is a 27" wide dryer with rear vent, but the vent cannot exit the dryer in the centre. I have very little space fore and aft, and a 3" vertical cast iron drain pipe in the centre of the (28" wide) opening for the dryer. I'd like to find a make/model that has a 4" offset rear vent, or a means to internally offset the vent (left or right) at least 4" to clear that pipe.

I've tried Maytag, GE, Whirlpool, etc, but the vent is either centred, on the side, down, 4-way, or not specified.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Old 02-06-07, 06:53 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello student2 and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and to my Gas Appliances topic.

The type of dryer that is most likely to suit the need may be a stackable dryer or one designed for a very small apartment or similar. If the was a dryer installed in that location prior, then it may be safe to assume a machine fit that small space and the existing pipe was not in the way, etc.

I personally cannot help you locate a dryer to fit the needs nor likely anyone else in the forum topic can. Especially if you have already searched around.

By searching around, meaning shopped around in the locate stores. If so, then may be likely that size machine is not or is no longer sold in your area, or ????

Or the drain pipe indicates that space is for a washer and not a dryer. Or space is for a small apartment or condo. Where stackable washer dryer combo units are installed.

Old 02-07-07, 04:29 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Sharp. I don't know what was there before I moved in, but I suspect it was an electric dryer (there's a 30A plug and a 4" duct to the right of the cast iron pipe). The flexible duct seems easy enough to move around inside the wall cavity. Anyway, I'll look into the stacking option. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: