Kitchenaid gas range..... opinions as to quality

Old 02-18-07, 10:36 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kitchenaid gas range..... opinions as to quality

Dear Neighbors,

We need a new 30" gas range. My wife like the looks of the Kitchenaid ranges, but I read some VERY negative reviews on line. Granted, unhappy purchasers are far more likely to review a product than happy ones, but when I read several accounts of multiple repairs it does give me pause.

Do any of you repair pros have opinions about Kitchenaid ranges? Or do you own a Kitchenaid gas range that is good or bad? I'd be really grateful to hear.

BTW we have our eyes on the Kitchenaid kgsk901sss.

MANY thanks.

Old 02-19-07, 10:59 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello gulleyj. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic.

Opinions are very plentiful. Almost everyone has theirs and many are willing to express them at any time. Problem is, they are just that. Expressed opinions as an appliance owner or not.

How can anyone be sure the person expressing an opinion is in fact an owner? Unless you personally know an owner of any appliance brand whom has proof a product needs a lot of repairs, their words are only opinions.

Have you taken the time to read consumers report magazine reports? Their on line reviews? An independent consumers report may provide alternate and possibly better information then opinions.

Might be worth a little research time which would be well spent time. Ask at a local appliance repair shop which brands and models have the fewest service calls and or need for parts, etc.

Read the warranty of all manufactures. Not all of them are the same. Same applies to extended warranties. Not all the same. Consider whom does provide after sales services in your area.

Plenty to consider before making a purchase. But in the end, after all is said and done, only you can make the final decision. Good Luck.

Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: