Replacing Whirlpool gas range with another

Old 03-05-07, 02:07 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing Whirlpool gas range with another

I am replacing a 8 year old Whirlpool gas range with a new Whirlpool gas range. Will I be able to simple disconnect and slide out the old range, and use the same pipes/connectors and existing anti-tip bracket for the new range?

Old 03-05-07, 03:15 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I would check the spec sheet

Old 03-06-07, 06:10 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello kenny11876. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Only you would know, based upon the existing connection and circumstances. Connect the new appliance as if it where not the same brand as the existing brand.

Likelihood is the gas connection parts can be reconnected to the new appliance, if the existing gas connection parts are of the newer type. The Stainless Steel flex connector tubing and not the old style brass or brass type.

Also depends upon which fuel is being used. Natural gas or propane.

Best suggestion is to consider the installation as a new installation and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the new appliance.

"Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any work. Always check for gas leaks whenever the appliance is moved, removed, installed, disconnected and/or a repair includes any connection of a gas part."

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: