Frigidaire Gallery dual fuel range - F9 ERR

Old 03-05-07, 08:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Frigidaire Gallery dual fuel range - F9 ERR

Hello, I'm having a problem with my Frigidaire Gallery Dual Fuel range. We had a power failure so the electronic display was showing "PF", didn't think much of it since it happens often, reprogrammed the time and used the Oven the next day(btw, the oven is electric and top is all gas burners). I realized on that day that we weren't hearing the key press beep anymore, so I tried to find out how to re-enable that function, and pressed a few buttons which made me discover the "Control lock-out" function which is some kind of childproof feature, it locks the whole electronic keypad panel so the oven can't be accidentally started.

NOW the problem :
The Electronic keypad is locked-up but it displays "Clean" (steadily lit) at the same time as "Door Locked" (flashing), after a few seconds(30) the display reads "F9 ERR", then the manual states that you need to press "CANCEL", that does remove the "F9 ERR" but brings back the "Clean" on the display and a few seconds later the "Door Locked" (flashing) as well, The manual also states that it could be an Electric Door control latch problem but I didn't launch the cleaning cycle. I tried to override the lock-out as stated in the user manual but to no avail, I also tried to unplug the range for short periods of time (a minute to a few hours) still to no avail. At present the oven is non functional because of this. Did anyone get that kind of problem ? Is there anything I can try short of getting on site service ?

Product Information
Frigidaire Gallery dual fuel range
> Model = CPDS389AC1
> Purchase Date = 12/22/2001

Old 03-06-07, 06:22 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello TEK666. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Seems you have done all that is stated in the owners manual and is commonly suggested and/or recommended to do. Possible this time the repeated power failures over time have caused damage or may have caused damage to the touch pad and/or a component on the main circuit board.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be also. They will need the make, model an serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

***"Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs."***

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 03-07-07, 04:51 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Frigidaire Gallery dual fuel range - F9 ERR

Thank you for the reply Sharp Advice, we'll contact the dealer and see what he tells us.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: