Roper Gas Dryer-Won't stay hot

Old 03-07-07, 12:34 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roper Gas Dryer-Won't stay hot

I have checked the pilot and it will light when the dryer is first turned on but after 10-15 the flame goes out and the dryer goes cold. When the flame is getting ready to go out it makes a humming noise then goes out. If I turn the dryer off for a while and wait it will light again and do the same thing. I have cleaned out the lent from inside and the vent leading outside. I plan on fixing the dryer myself but don't want to buy parts that are not needed. Please let me know what it could be. Thanks!

Roper Gas Dryer
MODEL #: RGX563KQ2

SERIAL #: MM3910238

TYPE: B433-NAT-1206006-FM22

Old 03-08-07, 05:30 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello regnili. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Humming noise? Could be the gas control valve going defective. Solenoids on top of gas valve may be shutting down but usually no noise or only a click as one of them shuts down. But noise not a humming sound best as I can recall.

Might be the fan blower cage noise you hear. A loose, damaged and/or defective fan blower might be the noise heard and/or the motor. Difficult to diagnose a noise without hearing the noise myself.

I would first suspect one of the solenoids over heating and shutting down the burner. Easy to replace them (2 of them) and not very costly. May resolve the problem.

Read the help, info and instructions in sticky note or here:
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159481

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: