GE Spectra XL44

Old 03-20-07, 05:26 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE Spectra XL44

howdy..

I've got a GE Spectra XL44 model#:JGBP30BEA3WH

Getting the old F1 alarm. I tried unplugging in hopes that this would reset the problem (left it unplugged for 24 hours so I would know for certain that it had time to reset) but alas.. no luck.

I have read the forums and understand now that the problem is

"F0 and F1 Failed Thermistor Control Replace ERC"

Trouble is I don't know what this is, where this is, or how to replace it.

Can anybody offer some help to this?

Old 03-21-07, 06:23 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello corkster and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and the Gas Appliances topic.

The ERC is the Electronic Range Control/Clock.

Problem is an error between touch pad and ERC.
Replace Electronic Range Control/Clock (ERC)
Replace the touch pad or clock.

You will need to remove the touch pad,then remove the circuit board behind the touch pad. Two separate components. Be sure the electric power is turned off or the plug is removed from the wall outlet.

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in one thread.

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 03-21-07, 06:26 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hello, corkster

ERC means "Electronic Range Control" or "clock". It does not have a separate touch pad. All pads are parts of the ERC. It comes with different colors overlays (white, almond or black) which you should buy separate. You can use the old overlay if you'll be able to remove it without damage. This is just cosmetic part. The ERC is not repairable and has to be replaced. If you would like to do it yourself, you can buy it here for $119.52: http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=SrmyP8LkIos&offerid=122738.558434145&type=10&subid=

If you have any questions, use the reply button.
Gendos.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: