Kenmore Electronic Controls are Dead

Old 03-26-07, 01:19 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Electronic Controls are Dead

I just recently did a self clean and had stepped out with about 20 min to go. When I came back in the electronic controls are completely dead as if there is no power and the Door is still locked shut from the cleaning cycle (48hrs later). I've plugged the unit into a known working socket and still nothing. I get ignition spark on the top burners as well. Is there some internal breaker or fuse that can be replaced in these units or are the electronics shot? Sorry about no model number I'm at work and forgot to bring the manual I'll post the model later this afternoon if it will help. This is a stainless unit with electronic oven controls on the front between the knobs for the top burners circa 2002-2003

Josh

Old 03-26-07, 05:28 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Josh and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and the Gas Appliances topic.

Likelihood is the main electronic board is dead. Not likely any fuse to it. The front panel (under the knobs & below the top lid) will need to be removed to access the control board. Not a repairable item. Must be replaced.

Once access is gained, the door lock mechanism can be released also.

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Cautionary Reminder Note: Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first. Test for leaks on all connections using leak detection soap.

Help Link: Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites:http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in one thread.

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: