Wolf 5 Burner Igniter Keeps Firing

Old 04-24-07, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wolf 5 Burner Igniter Keeps Firing

The 2 larger burnes will ignite but the then it just keeps sparking. A large kettle of water boiled over last week and I think alot of water ran down inside the burners. I have cleaned and dryed everthing as best I can but those 2 igniters keep firing away. Does anyone have any ideas?
p.s. The other 3 burners work just fine.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-07, 06:12 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello steven15516 and Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic.

Unplug the appliance or turn off the electrical power to it. Then use a hair dryer to dry out the wires to the effected sparker's. Do like wise to the switches on the burner valves. Chances are there is still water and or moisture on or it them.

Be sure the burner flames impinge the sparker's. Flames must be coming out the burner holes or slots and be in contact with the sparker's or they will not stop the sparking.

More information in the sticky note in this forums topic.
Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information, Fault Codes & Mfg's Web Site Links http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be also. They will need the make, model an serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

***If and or when you attempt any repairs, "Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs. Always check for gas leaks whenever the appliance is moved and/or a repair includes any connection of a gas part."

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 05-03-07, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
OK Everything is back to normal. I disassembled the two gas jets and then used a blow dryer in them. Im sure it was the excess water that caused the original problem. Thanks for the great advice. I figure I saved myself $150-$175. Thanks Again.