Jennair gas cooktop burners have low flame and low heat

Old 05-03-07, 07:10 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Jennair gas cooktop burners have low flame and low heat

Hi,
I have a Jennair gas cooktop that came with the house that we purchased it 4 years ago. Ever since we moved in I noticed that the burners had low flame/ low heat than the stoves I used before. What took me 30 mins to cook on my other stoves takes over 2 hours on this one..Since the cooktop was brand new, I did call Jennair technician and he didn't have a clue. Is it normal for Jennair to behave this way or perhaps, the gas flow to the burner is low. I am not sure. I am a novice at all this and don't know where to even begin. earlier on, I had read the manual and loosened the screws on the burners but that didn't help either. Please help

Last edited by Rirag; 05-03-07 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Change the heading to a more meaningful one
Old 05-03-07, 08:13 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Rirag. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Older stoves/ranges did have larger burners and bigger flames. New ones have smaller burners and smaller flames. A reflection of the times. Todays modern life styles are far different from those of years ago when everything had to be cooked from raw foods.

Todays life styles are different. We have far more prepared foods, microwaves, etc. And families now a days do not always have meals together. Plus we have energy conservation to consider.

Therefore, the newer appliances reflect these changes. Not likely anything wrong with your stove. You just may have to adjust your cooking styles and times. Often takes modern cooking pots and pans designed for todays new appliances, etc.

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Old 05-07-07, 06:56 AM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Update

Hi,

I use all modern cooking utensils. Everyone I know who has purchased cooktops/ gas stoves recently do not have the same problem as me. I checked the gas value and it seems to be on fully. So I think the problem is the way the cooktop is designed. It does not suit my cooking style. I think I have to upgrade. Not sure which one is the best commercial cooktop in the market though.

thanks,
rirag

Old 05-07-07, 09:44 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Rirag

Jenair "commercial cook top?" ?????
Ahhh!

These models due have the large burners.

Not the same as a residential cook top.

These models, residential cook tops, due not have the large burners like the "Commercial" models.

Which may be a cause for low burner flames.

Possible causes for the condition described:

Lack of sufficient gas volume. Which may be due to the gas supply piping diameter, length of run and/or the connector to the cook top diameter and/or length. Several variables.

Might be a regulator on the gas supply pipe AND another one on the cook top or built into the cook top. Two regulators on one appliance can cause problems.

There does not need to be a regulator on the supply gas line, if there is one. If there is one, it needs to be removed.

Only need the one regulator that is on the appliance or the one regulator that came with the appliance that was installed onto the inlet manifold. Not two regulators, which some times is the case.

If that appliance does have two regulators, the one that was there on the gas supply pipe, needs to be removed. Use only the regulator that came with the appliance or is built into the appliance.

Should resolve that problem...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: