Gas dryer does not heat,timer does not advance

Old 05-16-07, 06:32 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Gas dryer does not heat,timer does not advance

my frigidare gas dryer is running but the timer never advances it ran for several hours before i heard it and found it turning but still cool. I have already checked inside and the ignitor glows then the flame comes on, what other kind of problem can be causing this, I really can't afford a new dryer.

Old 05-17-07, 05:20 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello maryc818. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Some confusion exists that needs to be clarified. The drum rotates, the timer does not advance part is ok. Understood. What isn't understood is the ignitor glows, burner ignites but there is not heat, dryer cool?

Timer will not advance if there is no heat provided. Which means the burner isn't turning on. The moisture in the exhaust air sensed by the moisture sensor signals the timer to advance or remain in the same position.

Very likely the burner isn't turning on. The glow ignitor isn't igniting the burner or it may be igniting the burner and the flames come appear but soon after the burner shuts down.

Possible causes:
Restricted exhaust venting system.
Weak glow ignitor.
Defective solenoids.
Read the dryer sticky note for additional information.

Read Gas Dryer Sticky Note In The Forum Topic For Additional Advice:
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159481

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Read the existing questions on the subject of dryers. Doing so will more quickly provide you with answers to questions & provide additional information on how to resolve dryer problems.

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, to add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Forums Manager, Moderator Hiring and Promotions Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: