GE Gas Cook Top

Old 05-16-07, 12:56 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Post GE Gas Cook Top

I have to replace the igniter in one of the burners on my cook top. How do I go about getting into the control area?
Old 05-16-07, 03:15 PM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 657
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What is it you are referring to as the "igniter"?

There is the electrode which is the ceramic with a metal tip at each burner that ignites the burner and there is the ignition module which is the power supply to create the spark.

The electrodes can usually be gotten to by removing the burner cap and burner base.

To access the module, you will likely need to remove all of the burners (caps and bases), control knobs and remove the whole top of the cook top.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: