Maytag Nat Gas to LP Conversion.Help

Old 05-17-07, 04:48 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Maytag Nat Gas to LP Conversion.Help

Hi im new to forums so I hope i'm doing this right. First off im working on a type M gas valve on a Maytag Neptune gas dryer,...I need to know how to remove the main burner orafice so i can switch it out with the one from the kit.....Or how to get to it; do i take out all the screws that mount down the gas valve assembly Oh and pretty well am asking for help on the whole thing....(i just want to do it right)

Old 05-17-07, 06:06 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello CaptainAssistan. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Maytag Neptune gas dryer not any different then any other brand or model. Burner assembly is attached to a mounting plate which is attached to the dryer frame with several small screws.

Once that assembly is removed, the burner tube must be removed. The brass or bronze orifice will be screwed into the burner. Remove that orifice and install the new one. Be sure to switch over the regulator to "LP."

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Read Gas Dryer Sticky Note In The Forum Topic For Additional Advice:
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159481

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, to add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Forums Manager, Moderator Hiring and Promotions Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: