wedgewood L.P.Gas oven rv model #2145

Old 07-19-07, 06:59 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
wedgewood L.P.Gas oven rv model #2145

Pilot wont stay lit, lites with very same blue flame for just a second. The top burners lite just fine, but have a push button lighter.

Old 07-19-07, 08:18 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Jim. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic.

Oven pilot won't stay it?

I suspect you mean when you release a push in button?

Holding it repressed to get pilot gas out of pilot assembly? You then light the pilot flame and hold a reset button repressed for about 45-60 seconds, then release the button and the pilot flame goes out?

I'm confused. Kindly explain in more specific details pertaining to the oven, the pilot and procedure used to light the pilot, so I can better understand the problem and help you.

Read The Sticky Help Note In This Topic:
Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites. http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Or copy and paste the below link into your browsers address bar. http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add all additional information. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 07-22-07, 07:19 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
wedgewood rv oven pilot wont stay lit

I turn the stove knob to pilot hold in and lite , it lites for a second and goes out, even though i hold the nob in . THe flame as i said is blue but very small.

Old 07-23-07, 07:35 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Jim

2 possible causes.

Plugged and or restricted pilot assembly.

Solution:
Blow out an existing pilot and allow assembly to cool. If there is no pilot and the assembly is already cool, use a can of compressed air used to clean a computer keyboard and blow out all the dust in the entire pilot assembly. Retry lighting the pilot. Should be better and flame larger.

Plugged and or restricted pilot assembly.

Solution:
Remove entire pilot assembly. Clean all parts and blow out the pilot orifice and all air inlet holes. Reassemble pilot assembly and reconnect it exactly as it currently is installed. Re test. All should be ok. Pilot flame large enough to heat safety element and pilot will remain on.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: