Duet Dryer - Lint Cleaning

Old 08-13-07, 06:31 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Duet Dryer - Lint Cleaning

I read through the archives and have a pretty good idea about how to clean the vent line from the back of the dryer to the outside of the house. Is there anything that should be cleaned between the lint trap in front, and the back off the dryer where it exits. If there is, how do I get to it. The dryer is about 5 years old.

I tried on the vent cleaning snakes but it only went in about 4 feet from outside the house.

Peter

Old 08-14-07, 06:28 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello Peter and Welcome into the Gas Appliances topic.

Yes. Very good idea to clean the inside of the machine. Access usually can be obtained by removing a rear panel and or front panel. Also good idea to push a vacuums flex hose into the back of dryers exhaust vent tube. And clean the collected lint in the blower fan cage and it's surrounding areas.

Access to the front of the machine varies by make and model. Look for screws inside the door frame, at the base of the front door panel near the floor. Some front panels must be removed by first removing the top lid. Which will have two holding clips a few inches in from each end under the top lid between top lid panel and front panel.

Be sure to clean all lint out of the vents tubing and be sure the exhaust vent hoods internal flapper door opens and closes fully. Test it with fingers if vent tubing is not connected or while dryer is running and not running.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Web Site Host, Forums Manager, Moderator Hiring and Promotions Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: