GE Cooktop Flame adjustment

Old 09-06-07, 09:25 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE Cooktop Flame adjustment

Hi, I just purchased and had installed a GEJGP945SEKSS gas cooktop. All of the flames needed to be adjusted as the flame was going out on anything turned down below the 4 marker. I was able to adjust 3 of the 4 burners via turning an adjustment screw, but the 18K BTU burner does not seem to have this adjustment screw. I cannot get this flame below the 4 marker without going out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 09-11-07, 04:42 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Roger and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and to the Gas Appliances topic.

If this problem is with a new appliance, it is covered under a warranty. I suggest you contact the manufacturer for a warranty repair. Any repairs you make is likely to void the warranty.

That specific burner does not have any flame adjustments. The flame size is pre-set by the manufacturer. This condition with that one burner, to best of my knowledge, has existed for several years. Contact the manufacturer.

Read The Sticky Help Note In This Topic:
Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites. http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 09-12-07, 07:31 AM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Part on its way

I had GE scheduled to come today and last night I got a call from their Customer Svc area saying that the problem is most likely with the 18K burner and they would send me a new burner since the repairman would not have that part with him. I will try this new part and see if it solves the problem although I am still skeptical.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: