Smelly Appliances

Old 09-25-07, 06:04 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smelly Appliances

I just recently purchased a new Kenmore 400 Series Gas Dryer. Had it hooked up for about two months with no problems. Recently moved it to garage to have the floors redone. I reinstalled it, but when I run it now it has a strange odor like something plastic is burning. Also having the same problem with my new GE stove. When I turn the oven on it has the same smell coming from it. Two gas appliances with same problem. Any suggestions?

Old 10-01-07, 05:23 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello htonktx. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

KEROSENE ODORS AND OR DIESEL FUME ODORS.

The smell or odor is usually nothing to worry about. Especially if you are presently or have been recently using an type of petroleum based and or oil based product.

It's a common after effect of using such products and usually the result of some petroleum product recently used in the home. Could be an oil based paint, a stain, wood finishing or sealer product, adhesive, sealant and or any such product, etc.

Any product that contains a flammable solvent or oil based product will do this. I bet you had one of those products used in the home recently. Prior to this, the odor didn't exist and it will be gone as soon as the product dries and or cures.

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted. Using this method moves and/or keeps the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically and keeps all content on the same subject within one thread.

Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: