Gas & Electric Dryer

Old 11-11-07, 07:29 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas & Electric Dryer

I feel like a bit of an idiot for asking this now but here goes...

I bought a "gas/electric" dryer off of a guy on Craigslist assuming the thing would run on gas or electricity . The model is Frigidaire Dryer Model Number: FGRB780DS0 (Electric/Gas). It this thing capable of running (and heating) on both gas and electric? Is the electricity on the gas dryers just there to turn the drum?

The "symptom" is the drum spins but it doesn't heat, and 'no' there isn't a gas hook-up...

I really do feel like an idiot!! Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Brad

Old 11-12-07, 07:22 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Brad and Welcome into the Gas Appliances topic.

Never myself encounter a dual energy dryer. Meaning can dry using either electric or gas. What is confusing is your statement
"and 'no' there isn't a gas hook-up..."
???????

By this you mean no gas inlet pipe on the machine? or no gas presently connected to the machine? (???) Kindly clarify.

Very likely the dryer has a gas inlet pipe, located in either the back left or back right, for either Nat gas or Propane gas. The electric is not used for drying. Only to operate all the functions and components.

Kindly use the reply button to post all replies, add additional information or ask additional questions when replies are posted.

Sharp Advice. Web Site Host, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator & Multiple Forums Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: