My Tabletop gas heater is not hot enough

Old 11-21-07, 12:01 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
My Tabletop gas heater is not hot enough

Do you know how I can increase the output on my gas tabletop heater?

At full blast the heat can barely be felt from 3 feet away. I work with the larger versions of these heaters at work, and I feel like the output I am getting is not the norm.

I kind of ran into a dead end with the manufacturer- hoping some one can help me increase the output.

Thanks

Old 11-21-07, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
sejura,

We can't be sure exactly what a "table top gas heater" is.
Can you provide a picture or a link to the exact model you have.

Old 11-21-07, 06:48 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello sejura. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic & the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

If "table top" heater means a portable heater, there may be a spider in the orifice.

Reduced or insufficient heat output with portable appliances or appliances left unused or in storage for periods of time, often get spider webs in the orifices. Check the heater for such.

The orifice will be located in the burner head of the gas valve. It will be a hex head nut usually made of bronze or brass. Remove it using an open ended wrench, clean out the hole. Also clean out the tube it is installed into.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Web Site Host, Forums Manager, Moderator Hiring and Promotions Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: