Gas oven

Old 11-21-07, 09:05 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas oven

Well, my oven was working great and now when I turn it on and it makes that clicking noise, well the clicking noise does not go away, but the oven turns on. What should I do???

Old 11-21-07, 10:15 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello joshmia2002 and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and to the Gas Appliances topic.

If the clicking noise is the sparker clicking, assuming it is... try this first:

Clean the element(s) the pilot is heating. Often times just cleaning the pilot assembly and the element(s) resolves the continuous sparking.

Due this cleaning process before turning on the oven. Use a soft bristle brush or old tooth brush. Idea is to gently remove any scale and/or debris on the element.

The element not only opens the burn valve, which it must be doing, it also signals the sparker to stop clicking. Since the burner valve is opening and burner flames are present, likely enough heat to allow burner operation but not the sparker to shut off.

Hopefully the above will work, even as a temp solution for at least baking holiday dinner.... Post back the results using the reply button.

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any cleaning or repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Driving Safety Reminder: Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: