Gas Oven Not Lighting (fix didn't fix.)

Old 12-23-07, 09:45 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas Oven Not Lighting (fix didn't fix.)

I have a Frigidaire fgf337abh I did some reading on here and decided the fix must be to replace the glow coil. That didn't work the glow coil still does not glow. I did some more reading and figured out how to do the contimuity test. I checked the glow coil it zeroed out and checked the other thing that the coil plugs in and it also zeroed out. I checked the wiring harness since the wires had to be cut and connected back to the new coil it also zeroed out. I then checked the plug that goes back to the top of the stove and it said 1.00, so I'm guessing something at the top either control panel or something else may be wrong? Any suggestions on what to test or look for next would be helpful.

Thanks Kevin

I got to further thinking about this and thought okay if i got that far why don't i re plug in the wiring harness plug that runs the oven back to the plug that goes to the control panel and then test the area that goes back down to the oven and I got 0 then out of curiosity i touched the 2 prongs that control the oven and got 1.00 or no change on my meter so i would say I have a bad control panel...

Last edited by klesage121; 12-23-07 at 10:46 AM. Reason: to add more information
Old 12-23-07, 01:37 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Hello Kevin and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and to the Gas Appliances topic.

If the is no continuity between the control panel touch button to the glow igniter through the wire harness, chances are real good the touch pad and/or the circuit control board is defective. Not good news...

Zero reading indicates no continuity. The continuity meters indicator needle should swing over. As it will when the meters two probes are touched together.

Based upon your testing and observations, I would be inclined of suspecting the touch pad and/or the circuit board controlling the oven is defective.

The touch pad can be removed, if needed. Be sure the electrical power is off. A continuity test of the touch button can be done. The test will reveal if the button is defective.

Retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help determine what the possible problem may be based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: