Propane to Natural Gas Conversion

Old 12-23-07, 11:55 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Propane to Natural Gas Conversion

Help Please!
I have a Frigidaire Oven that was converted to Propane and I now need to convert it back to Natural Gas. I bought it used and I don't have the manual for it. Its a fairly newer model.
Does anyone know how to convert back to Natural Gas?

Old 12-23-07, 12:59 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello schmuck10 and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and to the Gas Appliances topic.

Basic conversion on a newer model oven should require a regulator conversion and an orifice adjustment only.

The regulator is likely to have a lever that moves from one type of fuel to the other. The regulator markings will indicate which position it needs to be in.

Look for the markings. May be marked "L" or "LP" for propane and "N" or "NAT" for natural gas. Then move the lever to the desired fuel to be used. In this case, from propane back to natural gas.

Next step would be to adjust the brass or bronze orifice hex head nut. Which is located on the gas control valve where the back end of the burner tube is. Burner tube slides onto brass or bronze orifice hex head nut.

The orifice will need to be turned clock wise to restrict the gas flow. Burner flames must not exceed flame spreader plate. Flames should be in from end of flame spreader plate by about 2 inches or so.

The forums propane expert hank is likely to also reply to this question. Check back on your post several additional times.

Local retail parts dealers and appliances parts stores can also help, if conversion parts are required. Based upon that specific brand and model. Bring the make, model and serial numbers. Dealers and appliances parts stores are listed in the phone book.

Cautionary Reminder Note:
Before attempting any repairs, be sure to unplug the appliance from the wall receptacle power source first.

Read The Sticky Help Note In This Topic:
Range-Stove-Oven-Broiler Basic Help Information & Manufacturers Web Sites. http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159808

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Web Site Host, Moderator Hiring Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: