whirlpool gas dryer LGN2000LW heat only @startup

Old 01-08-08, 11:07 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
whirlpool gas dryer LGN2000LW heat only @startup

i've seen some other posts, but none exactly like my prob

dryer runs has heat at startup for a couple minutes, then no heat. I have checked every few min for the last hour and no warmth at all.

I did clean exhaust vent and have good air flow.

Old 01-08-08, 04:02 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello elbrando. Welcome to the Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Common likely problem caused by one of the two solenoids. Which are located on top of the gas control valve. Replacing them very likely will resolve the problem.

Solenoids are coils of wire that create magnetism when energized by electric current. However, when one wears out it shorts out and losses the magnetism. Which usually happens when it heats up during normal usage.

Best advice is to replace them asap. Shortly the defective solenoid is likely to totally fail and the burner will then not cycle on at all. No heat will result.

Read some of the existing posts for additional information and the dryer help and info sticky in this forum topic here.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

DRYER SERVICE TIP:
It's always advisable to clean the entire exhaust venting system every 2 years. Or during any dryer maintenance, replacement and or repairs.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Web Site Host, Forums Manager, Moderator Hiring and Promotions Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: