Dryer: Ignitor Yes, Gas No - testing questions

Old 01-13-08, 05:50 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dryer: Ignitor Yes, Gas No - testing questions

I've a Kenmore gas dryer (87082110O When started the ignitor will glow hot, but no gas.

My assumption is the gas valves. I've not been able to find any instructions on testing them with my trusty multimeter.

I'd like to see if I can replace them at $60 versus, spending $129 on a whole gas/ignitor assembly.

I assume it's the gas valves and not a thermo-switch or fuse based on the ignitor getting hot.

Thanks for any help.

Mark

Old 01-14-08, 07:37 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Mark and Welcome into the Gas Appliances topic.

Replace the two solenoids. Which are located on top of the gas valve. Very likely to be the cause of the problem. And a very common cause for the condition described.

Be sure the electrical power to the appliance is turned off, before attempting any repairs or services. Always check for gas leaks whenever moving the appliance and/or a service or repair includes any connection of a gas part.

Read the existing questions on the subject of dryers. Doing so will more quickly provide you with answers to questions & provide additional information on how to resolve dryer problems.

Retail appliance parts dealers can also help determine what the most likely possible problem may be. They will need the make, model and serial numbers. Appliance parts dealers are an excellent source for original replacement parts and problem resolving matters. Dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using the reply button keeps or moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically and keeps all communications on this subject in this thread.

Web Site Host, Forums Manager, Moderator Hiring and Promotions Agent, Gas Appliances Topic Moderator, Multiple Forums Moderator & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Read Gas Dryer Sticky Note In The Forum Topic For Additional Advice:
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=159481

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: